Pineapple Chicken Skewers are an easy, weeknight grill recipe! They are packed with flavor and can absolutely be assembled in advance!
Hey kids! How has your week been so far? We’re deep in the heart of summer, which means I am baking a leetle less, and grilling a leetle more. I mean, I have a bunch of great big cakes, and gooey bars to share, but I thought we might take a quick break from the oven and take it outside.
Maybe I’ll figure out how to bake a cake on the grill…that HAS to be a thing, right?
Until I work that situation out, let’s talk dinner. I have NOT been in the mood to cook in the evenings. Like, we have been pretty much surviving on pizza and nachos for the past few weeks. I am not proud.
The days just fly by, and when it’s time to eat I stand there staring at my pantry, waiting for a magic moment to happen. Alas, I have resolved to PLAN AHEAD. It’s really not that hard, but I just can’t seem to get my act together. But, I did had a very adult moment a few weeks back and went to the store, bought ingredients, and MEAL PREPPED. It felt good. Apparently not good enough to do again, but it was a glorious moment.
I decided to fire up the grill and make some skewers…or is it kabobs…
Anyway, chicken, pineapple, and love went into these beauties. I know you’re going to love them as much as I did!
The trick here is to marinate the chicken WAY ahead. Overnight is best, y’all.
Then grab yourself a pretty pineapple.
Cut it into chunks…
And alternate between chicken and pineapple on your skewers…or kabobs…or…
Fire up your grill, and get…grilling?
If you’re a saucy person, reserve the marinade from the chicken and cook it in a saucepan. Reduce it down until it’s thickened.
If the thought of that grosses you out. I kind of get it, you can easily dip your chicken into a Sweet Chili Sauce, or even a sweet BBQ sauce!
Serve them with some rice, a side salad, or green beans…OR all of the above!
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1½-inch chunks
- 1 pineapple cut into 1-inch chunks
- In a medium bowl whisk together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, ginger, and Worcestershire.
- Place the chicken in a large zip-top bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and marinate for at least 6 hours, overnight is best.
- To prep, heat grill to medium heat. Using metal or wooden skewers alternate between pieces of chicken and pineapple.
- Grill skewers until chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes on each side.