This Chocolate Peanut Butter Gooey Butter cake is fantastically delicious!
Attention all peanut butter and chocolate lovers, it’s your lucky day. I happen to be the Captain of Team Chocolate and Peanut Butter, so I assure you, you’re in good hands.
Today’s recipe is a spin on a classic Gooey Butter Cake. The one thing I love about Gooey Butter Cake is it isn’t fussy like a cake, but isn’t average like a brownie…it’s really the best of both worlds.
Beyond the rich, chocolaty base and the creamy peanut butter/cream cheese topping I have included my most favorite M&M’S variety: M&M’S Peanut Butter.
I am telling you, they are my go-to snack when I need a sweet treat! The candy shell, the milk chocolate and the creamy peanut butter filling….swoon!
This dessert is a show-stopper, especially when it’s topped with ice cream, but it’s remarkably easy to make! It all starts with a chocolate cake mix base…
Then sprinkle your M&M’S Peanut Butter on top! You should probably sample a few while you’re doing this. You know, quality control and all…
Then simply whip up your topping. Make sure to use creamy peanut butter…
And then spread that on top of the M&M’S.
Once it’s baked you can be patient and wait until it’s completely cooled so it slices nicely…
Or just dig in with a spoon!
But whichever way you choose I highly recommend ice cream and chocolate sauce.
It’s really just the right thing to do.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 (10.2 ounce) bag M&M’Ss Peanut Butter
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the cake mix, butter and egg until combined.
- Press the thick mixture into the prepared pan and top evenly with the M&M’S.
- In the bowl of your stand mixture fitted with the paddle attachment beat the cream cheese and the peanut butter together until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and continue mixing for another minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the melted butter, vanilla and eggs mixing until combined and smooth.
- Spread the mixture evenly on top of the M&M’S.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until edges are set. The center should be slightly loose.
- Allow it to cool completely in the pan before slicing into pieces, OR cool only slightly for a really gooey experience.
*This post is a result of a compensated partnership with M&M’S. All opinions are my own. Want more recipes from M&M’S? Check you their new Pinterest page!