This Devil’s Food Snickers Cheesecake Cupcake recipe is easy and fantastic!
These cupcakes are against the grain for me…
Notice there’s no giant swirl of frosting up there?
Really, what’s a cupcake without a giant swirl of frosting?
But just stick with me here.
These cupcakes have something even better baked inside.
I’ll wait a second while you let that sink in.
What’s even better is the recipe is SUPER simple.
And can be made and eaten in under an hour…
So let’s discuss the virtues of these Devil’s Food Snickers Cheesecake Cupcakes.
First and foremost, if you aren’t a Snickers girl or have a nut allergy or something you could totally just sub in chocolate chips or another favorite candy… mix and match.
But I used Snickers. Because you have the salty/sweet…caramel/nuts…
Just chop up about a cup of the candy you are using… Then in a medium bowl use your hand mixer to make your simple cheesecake filling…cream cheese, brown sugar, an egg and vanilla…
Fold the candy in at the end.
It’s SUCH an easy Devil’s Food cupcake recipe…no mixer needed at all. Just a whisk and a bowl.
Also, it’s an egg-free Devil’s Food recipe… I’m not forgetting the egg!
Unwrapped… And it’s gorgeous guts…
You guys need to make these!
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped Snickers Candy Bars
- ⅓ cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder ( I prefer Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- *optional ~ chocolate and/or caramel sauce for drizzle
- *optional ~ extra chopped Snickers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners, set aside.
- In medium bowl beat cream cheese, light brown sugar, egg and vanilla with a hand mixer until smooth. Stir in chopped Snickers.
- In a larger bowl whisk together oil, brown sugar, water, vinegar and vanilla until brown sugar is dissolved. Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until batter just comes together.
- Fill cupcake liners halfway full with Devil's Food batter. Top with a heaping tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until tops of cupcakes are set.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.