Dulce de Leche Snack Bars are soft sweet, studded with chocolate chips and coated in powdered sugar! What’s not to love?
Ok, these bars are a dream. And full disclosure the original recipe from Gooseberry Patch calls them “Man Bars”. How hilarious is that? I’ve seen that recipe floating around on Pinterest for a while now, and I knew I had to make them to see what all they hype was about!
They lived up for sure.
Apparently they’re originally called “Man Bars” because they are so easy to make…but since we live in a world where everyone is equal and trophies for all I thought that name was kinda not cool. So I renamed them the super generic, totally not viral name of “Dulce de Leche Snack Squares”.
Boring name or not these beauties are pretty fab. AND you can get super creative too. Add in some coconut, nuts, M&M’S, peanut butter…seriously get creative. And no mixer necessary!
Honestly they are so easy.
Just dump everything into a big bowl…
Then drizzle on your sweetened condensed milk. Love love love that stuff.
Then get the good stuff out. Yep I’m talking a gorgeous can of dulce de leche.
Now if you’re an alien and don’t like dulce de leche you can use another can of sweetened condensed milk or a nice jar of thick caramel sauce. I’m talking ice cream topping that is so thick it needs to be microwaved…not the drippy squeezable caramel.
Mix it all up!
Then press it into a prepared 9×13.
Bake that up for about 30 minutes. Then you have to be patient young grasshopper and let them cool. Completely.
Then cut them into square-ish-bar shapes, shake them in a healthy dose of powdered sugar…
You should probably give them a try at this point.
And then you should definitely share these with everyone you know.
Or maybe hoard them all for yourself and never tell a soul of their existence.
Just be sure to wipe the powdered sugar off your nose.
- 1 (14- ounce) box graham crackers, crushed finely
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14- ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (13-14 ounce) can Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and coat generously with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, oats, salt, condensed milk and dulce de leche. Stir to combine evenly. Press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set.
- All the bars to cool completely.
- Remove the foil from the pan and cut into squares.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a bag and place 5-6 squares into the bag. Shake gently to coat with powdered sugar. Remove from the bag, transfer to a platter and repeat with the rest of the squares.
- Serve immediately or store airtight for up to 5 days.