This Easy Pesto Chicken is packed with flavor, and is one of the quickest meals you will ever prepare!
This meal is so hyper simple it’s almost not a recipe. And I am sure in some circles it ISN’T considered a recipe. But that’s fine…you call it what you want, I’ll just call it delicious.
The prep time for the chicken is literally minutes. And I created a short little video to show you just how easy!!
Certainly you can use a homemade pesto, if you’re feeling fancy, but I usually just grab a jar of my favorite store bought and call it a day. You can serve it on top of pasta or just a salad…
All you do is coat you chicken breasts in breadcrumbs.
Place them all in a baking dish. I overlapped mine a little…it’s ok.
Then just spoon and spread your pesto sauce on top.
Place a slice of provolone cheese on each chicken breast…
And bake it until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is melty. I like to use thin-sliced chicken for this recipe.
It’s such an easy meal that packs a lot of flavor. You’ll love this!
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breasts, pounded ½ inch (6-8 pieces)
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 (5-6 ounce) jar pesto
- 2- 3 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Coat each chicken breast in breadcrumbs lightly and place into the prepared pan. Spread the pesto sauce on top of the chicken and then top with the sliced Provolone.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately over pasta or a salad.