Nutella Truffle Stuffed Brownies are the ultimate rich, fudgy brownie. Use a boxed brownie mix to make the whole process super simple!
My boys love their Nutella. Generally it’s with a spoon right out of the jar, but I try my best to find creative ways to limit that! I’ve made Nutella Hot Fudge Sauce, I’ve wrapped it in phyllo dough and baked crispy cigars, I’ve even made whole layer cakes with Nutella. (Click HERE for all my Nutella recipes).
Today, though I’m going back to basics(ish) by baking Nutella right into a brownie. Actually I’ve created a Nutella Truffle mixture and layered that inside a brownie. So you’re basically eating a brownie and a truffle all at once. Yes.
The truffle layer stays pretty intact during the baking process, so you get a true thick layer of Nutella right in the center.
You can absolutely use a scratch brownie recipe in this recipe, if you prefer. I just used a boxed brownie mix, because I had one in my pantry and thought it would simply the whole process. I did, however, add some chocolate chunks to my brownie batter to amp it WAY up.
The filling is just Nutella, powdered sugar and a little milk. It will be VERY thick.
To assemble the brownies just spread half of the batter into a prepared pan.
Using your hands portion out some of the nutella filling and flatten it. Layer this on top of the batter. It can (and will) overlap, which is 100% alright alright alright.
Top the Nutella filling with the remaining batter.
Bake the brownies up and they will be tré gorgeous.
Allow them to cool completely before cutting. Or not. Whatever.
These are ulta chocolatey and you love every bite.
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (18.4 ounce) Brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with foil and spray liberally with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the Nutella, powdered sugar and milk together. Mixture will be stiff. You can also do this in a bowl with a spoon.
- Prepare the brownie mix according the package directions. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Take spoonfuls of the Nutella mixture and flatten it out with your hands. Place the pieces on top of the brownie batter. Cover all the batter with the filling mixture as evenly as possible. It doesn't have to be perfect.
- Top the filling with the remaining brownie batter.
- Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes until the edges are set.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack until the brownies are cooled. Remove the foil from the pan onto a cutting board and cut into squares.