These Oatmeal Cream Pie Cheesecake Bars are the perfect combination of two of my favorite treats!
Oatmeal Cream Pies are basically from the devil.
They are ridiculously delicious in the most remedial of ways…
I would eat them all day every day if my cholesterol would allow it.
Unfortunately I’d like to live to see the age of 38…so I try and limit my cream pie consumption.
To like 2 a day. That’s fair, right?
Alright I’m kidding, jeez.
I even made Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies a while back. They are amazing. You should make them.
Well, I decided to out-do the Oatmeal Cream Pie.
And stuff it in a brown sugar cheesecake bar.
Take THAT devil. Who’s wearing horns now? Heh.
Oatmeal Cream Pie Cheesecake Bars.
Because I can.
Let’s start with the crust.
Instead of a graham cracker crust, we’re gonna do an oatmeal cookie crust.
Grab some store bought oatmeal cookies. Or fine, make your own..whatever.
Grind those up until they are a fine crumb. I used my blender because it was already on my counter.
I’m lazy like that.Mix the crumbs with some butter and press it evenly into a 9×9 foil-lined pan.
Bake that for a few minutes.
Meanwhile let’s talk about the cheesecake part.
Bake it up and let it cool completely.
Then chill it for at least 3 hours.
I am in love with these bars,
The brown sugar cheesecake is yummy and the oatmeal cookies give it a dense chewiness.
Also, my friend Karly decided to stuff Oatmeal Cream Pies into brownies yesterday, I think she climbed in my brain. Such a random coincidence!
Totally check those out!
- 2¼ cup Oatmeal Cookie Crumbs (about 20 cookies)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Oatmeal Cream Pies, coarsely chopped
- Line a 9x9 pan with foil and spray lightly with baking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In blender or food processor crush Oatmeal cookies until they are a fine crumb. Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter and press firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges just start to get golden. Remove from oven.
- While crust is baking combine cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon in bowl of stand mixer and bet until smooth. Turn mixer to low and add in eggs, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, scraping sides of bowl when necessary. Turn mixer back up to medium and beat until combined and smooth.
- Fold in chopped Oatmeal Cream Pies.
- Pour mixture over crust and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes until cheesecake is just set.
- Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature. Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight before cutting into squares