These Pretzel Hugs are such a simple and fun treat that everyone will love!
My mom made these for the first time a bunch of years ago and they didn’t really interest me…until I tried them! They are 2 Pretzel Snaps (the square waffle pretzels) with a Hershey’s Hug sandwiched inside. Super easy and super addictive! Before I tried them I thought the salty sweet ratio was unbalanced, being as there are 2 pretzels for 1 Hug. I was wrong ~ they are PERFECT! I have tried to research where the original recipe came from to give them a little credit, but I was unable to find it online. I saw some that were similar, with one pretzel and an M&M, but not these perfect little sandwiches.
Here you are, and I know you will thank me later.
You will need:
2 bags of Hershey’s Hugs
1 “Pounder” bag of Pretzel Snaps
Big baking sheet
Waxed paper – for easy removal.
Preheat oven to 300
1. Unwrap Hugs
2. Line baking sheet with waxed paper – if you don’t have waxed, use parchment, but I strongly suggest you use paper just for ease. If you don’t have either, just use a non-stick
3. Lay one pretzel down for every Hug and top each pretzel with a Hug.
4. Pop in the oven for 2 min, just until they are glossy and softish.
5. Remove from oven and let sit for 1 more minute, to continue the softening process.
**This is the only step you can make a mistake on – by laving them in the oven too long they will completely melt and run through the pretzel and all over your sheet and you won’t have a sandwich, just a mess.
6. Now top each hug with another pretzel pushing down gently, so it sticks together.
7. I pop the baking sheet in the fridge for 20-30 min. to cool them off.
You could most certainly let them dry at room temp, it will just take a little longer and trust me, you are going to want to eat these right away!!
Now I have tried to experiment a little with these using different kinds of Kisses, but the Hugs have turned out by far the best.