These Rainbow Chip White Chocolate Blondies are insanely buttery, chewy blondies topped with colorful rainbow chips…or even sprinkles…and are made in one bowl with no mixer required!
I thought it had been a while since I posted any sort of bar recipe…I used to make them oh so often, and then I just got a little…I dunno…bored? Uninspired? What’s the word I am looking for here?
I mean, obviously I am not counting krispie treats…because I just feel like they are in a category in and of themselves. I’m talking butter, sugar, flour in a pan and baked…
Maybe what happened is that I was over-thinking it. Like over-thinking recipe ideas…too crazy? Too “done”? Too boring? Too whatever.
I’m hear now today saying that I am done overthinking sweet treats. Like is that really a PROBLEM in the world? No. There are bigger fish to fry. Clearly.
So let’s just get on with it and enjoy happy, colorful desserts made with butter, white chocolate and fairy dust. These bars are amazingly rich, chewy and buttery. They would be the perfect base for add-ins or drizzles. Plus, you don’t need to dirty up your mixer, so cheers to less dishes!
Again, if you don’t have those cute little rainbow chips that I used, please don’t worry. Use sprinkles instead! But, if you love those chips as much as I do, know I buy mine online HERE.
The batter is really simple. Yes, you will have to melt white chocolate so there’s that, but that’s the worst of it. Also, note that in the recipe I wrote to use the double boiler method for melting, which I prefer. However, you can melt your chocolate in the microwave if you choose. Just do it in 20 second increments, stirring between each so you don’t ruin your white chocolate.
Add all the ingredients right into the bowl where you melted the butter and chocolate, stirring to combine. Then spread it in a lined 9×9 pan.
Then go crazy and add your chips!
Bake them, let them cool and remove them from the pan!
Then certainly stack them high and snap a picture.
And maybe add a few more chips for dramatic effect. As one does.
Seriously these bars you guys. These bars.
- 8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup rainbow chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x9 pan with foil and coat with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large heat safe bowl combine the white chocolate and butter. Heat 1 inch of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Place the bowl on top of the pot with the simmering water (not touching the water) and melt the white chocolate and butter together, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture is melted remove from the heat. Add in the sugar and stir to combine. Add in the vanilla, eggs, and salt and stir until smooth.
- Finally stir in the flour until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the rainbow chips on top of the batter, pressing gently.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the edges are lightly golden and the center is set.
- Allow the bars to cool and then remove from the pan and cut.
ps- hand modeling credit goes to the one and only Jake Jaronsky