This is the most Ridiculous Vanilla Cake… seriously the softest most moist cake EVER, it literally melts in your mouth!
A few weeks ago I made a chocolate cake. It was insanely fudgy and soft and EASY. I decided to call it Ridiculous Chocolate Cake because…well…it was.
And since then, I have had a LOT of requests to create a vanilla version of that cake. Look, you don’t have to tell me twice. I got on it!
Honestly, I probably didn’t have to actually write a recipe for this, because I simply switched the chocolate parts out with vanilla. BUT you know, sometimes things just need their own identity.
I will say that if you aren’t a white chocolate fan, just leave out the white chocolate chips. But since I love them, and also love the gooey, richness the white chocolate gives the cake, I left them in.
The white chips mostly melt right into the cake when it’s baked, making the cake crazy soft when it’s warm, and a bit denser when it’s cooled. Both are delicious, but I will say if you eat this cake warm you might die on the spot at how delicious it is.
Make sure you grease the pan HEAVILY especially if you use the white chocolate chips. The cake is so soft to begin with and a few white chocolate chips might melt to the side of the pan and stick if not greased properly.
Hold your breath and turn the pan over when it’s cooled for 10-15 minutes.
Of course I felt like this cake needed an icing. Not a full frosting, like on the chocolate, but you know a little something extra.
It’s just powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Easy.
And if you want to make it pretty go ahead and sprinkle on some white chips or even sprinkles. Can’t argue with sprinkles!
And like I said, try it warm and seriously you will want to ask for my hand in marriage.
I might say yes.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box vanilla cake mix
- 1 (4 serving sized) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- white chocolate chips to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally grease a 10- inch bundt pan with butter or shortening and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine all the cake ingredients. Mix on low for 30 seconds until combined and then on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until the cake is set. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert the pan onto a cake plate.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Pour over the cake.
- You can ice the cake when it's warm or cooled.
- Sprinkle with white chocolate chips if desired. Note - if you sprinkle white chips on the cake when it's warm they will melt slightly.