This simple Slow Cooker Thai-Style Chicken is loaded with flavor and a super simple to make! Serve it over rice, in a wrap or even on a salad!
We just got back from vacation…you know how that goes. Reentry isn’t my favorite. All the laundry, the luggage, the PUTTING AWAY…
Plus, Monday is just standing there like a gross ex-boyfriend you were hoping to never run into again.
Anyway, who else is in a good mood?
So my point is, we got back from vacation…my fridge is pretty empty and I need easy dinner ideas for the week, because apparently you can’t eat out everyday. VACATION IS OVER.
This Thai-style chicken is really a great weeknight dinner option. I usually have everything on-hand to whip this simple dish up. It’s really loaded with flavor, as you can see from power players involved…
It might not look so great going into the slow cooker. I know.
Flesh colored food is really never that appetizing. But stay with me here. I swear it gets better.
You just lay the chicken in the crock, mix up the rest of the ingredients and that’s it.
I do always wait to throw my peanuts in at the end so they stay crunchy, though.
Serve it over rice, garnish it with cilantro and add some extra Sriracha. It’s better that way.
Squeeze some more lime on top and you’ve got yourself a party!
Like I said, serve it over rice, in a wrap, on a bun or by itself. You can’t go wrong!
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup sriracha sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- garnish with fresh cilantro
- Serve over rice
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl combine the salsa, lime, juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, peanut butter and sriracha. Pour this over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- When the chicken is tender, shred it with a fork and mix evenly with the sauce. Add the peanuts to the mixture and serve hot and garnish with cilantro.
- Add extra sriracha if desired.