Southwestern Quinoa Salad is delicious, easy and a healthy dinner or side option! It’s also a Vegan recipe when using the new Hellmann’s Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread. This post is in partnership with Mirium Shopper.
Ok, I know you’re thinking this whole situation might be a little off-brand here on my mainly butter and sugar website…but stay with me.
It is true that I exist on actual food as well as sweet treats. I know, it’s hard to believe. And let me further blow your mind by letting you know salads actually are one of my favorite main-dish foods.
Are we still friends? Please say yes.
I am a sucker for just about anything with a Tex-Mex spin on it, so today’s recipe is right up my alley. We have avocado, black beans, corn, tomato, cumin…and yes…Vegan Mayo.
Of course you can use regular mayo too…but I am here today to say that this Hellmann’s Vegan Dressing & Sandwich Spread tastes exactly like regular mayo.It has the same rich, creamy taste, but it’s eggless, cholesterol free—with 10g of fat per serving- and made with non-GMO sourced ingredients. AND I know some of you reading this are vegan, because you ask me questions a lot on how to adapt my recipes to be vegan-friendly.
Also, please note that if you are a Target shopper you can use your nifty Cartwheel app and get 20% off! Everyone is a winner today…vegans, Target shoppers, people who like Tex-Mex…
I riffed on an existing recipe on the Hellmann’s site to suit my tastes. I know you guys will like this so so much. It’s the perfect lunch salad, or even a light dinner!
Again, don’t forget to use the Target Cartwheel offer to get 20% off until February 29th!
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ¼ cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread
- juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small sauce pot bring broth and quinoa to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, hot sauce, salt, garlic powder, and cumin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled quinoa, black beans, avocado, tomato, and cilantro. Pour the mayonnaise dressing on top and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or allow to chill for the flavors to com together.
I have partnered with Mirium Shopper. All opinions are my own.