I started a day ahead making Oreo Truffles
This time I shaped them into Apple-y sort of ball shapes and placed a pretzel stick in the top like a stem.
Freeze them so they’re firm and then melt the red melting disks dip each truffle apple in, being careful not to get the red all over the stem.
When the candy was set I piped on some green leafs with royal icing just to make them cute.
Everyone remember to thank a teacher!
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 16 oz red candy disks, melted
- Pretzel sticks or Tootsie Rolls
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- green food coloring
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) apples.
- Place pretzel stick into the top of truffle, or cut Tootsie Roll into piece and roll into the shape of a stem.
- Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- When the candy coating is set mix the powdered sugar, milk and green food coloring in a small bowl.
- Place icing in a piping bag fitted with a small round tip, or in a zip-top bag with a tiny bit of the corner snipped off.
- Pipe on leaves.
- Allow the truffles to set up.