makes 16 bars
- 1 cup butter, melted and browned
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups flour
- *optional add-ins: 2 cups white chocolate chips or 2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1/2 cups toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9×9 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Once melted, swirl constantly until it turns a golden brown color. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl stir both sugars and browned butter together until combined.
- Stir in pumpkin and vanilla.
- Next add in pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Fold in any add-ins desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Center will just be set.
The Browned Butter Frosting recipe can be found HERE