Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars are the perfect fall dessert recipe. Easy to make, and definitely a crowd pleaser!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (8- ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar + 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 small Granny Smith apple, peeled and small diced
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Crust: In a medium sized bowl combine crust ingredients, flour, brown sugar and butter with a pastry cutter, or fork until they make a coarse crumb.
- Press the mixture firmly in the bottom of the pan and bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned.
- Filling: in a mixing bow, combine cream cheese, vanilla, egg and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Beat until combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Dice apples and sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Stir until coated evenly. Set aside.
- Streusel: Combining the light brown sugar, flour, oats and butter and stir with your pastry cutter or fork until evenly mixed. Set aside.
- Assemble: When crust is done baking, spread the cream cheese mixture on top of warm crust, top with diced apples and finally with streusel.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center is set.
- When done drizzle caramel sauce all over the top.
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes and then place in refrigerator to chill for approximately 2 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into squares when ready to serve.
store in an airtight container for up to 3 days
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cheesecake, apple recipe, fall baking, cheesecake bars