makes 12 sqaures
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup diced apples
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter and brown sugar with a wooden spoon. Once mixed, stir in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in salt, baking powder and flour until dough forms (it will be thick).
- Stir in apples and spread into pan.
- Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are just golden and the center is almost set.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
store airtight for up to 3 days.