Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (100% pure pumpkin)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla and mix together on medium speed until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and add in dry ingredients, mixing until combined evenly.
- Fill each liner about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until centers are set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In stand mixer combine flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix a few seconds until combined.
- Pour in melted butter and mix until mixture is a coarse crumble.
- Sprinkle mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until crumbs start to golden. (They will still feel soft, but will harden more as they cool.)
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In mixer beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Melt white chocolate over double boiler and add to butter/cream cheese mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in powdered sugar. Turn speed up to medium and beat until smooth.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before frosting cupcakes.
- Frost with a few tablespoons of frosting and top with streusel. Drizzle with caramel, if desired.
Pumpkin Cupcake recipe adapted from Food Network