makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix (you can use vanilla or chocolate)
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cola Flavored Soda Stream Syrup
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk or Coca Cola
- *optional ~ cherries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line muffin pans with cupcake liners, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine cake mix, Coke, eggs and oil. Beat for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Fill liners up 2/3 full with batter. Bake 15-20 minutes until centers are set.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Add in Soda Stream Syrup and milk and beat until fluffy.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto cupcakes.
- For glaze drizzle mix powdered sugar and milk together until smooth and drizzle on top of cupcakes. Garnish with a cherry if desired,
double frosting recipe if you are going to pipe them tall, as photographed.