So this cake happened today.
Like realllly happened.
I started it.
I went to the pool and watched my kids do 40 million cannonballs.
I came home.
And waiting for me was a cake.
In a crock pot.
This is, in fact, real life.
And there are peanut butter cups involved.
Because I love you.
And after you eat this cake you will love me too.
Crock Pot Peanut Butter Cup Cake.
Did you hear me? IN A CROCK POT!
I’m caking like it’s 1983.
Just mix up your ingredients.
And since we’re in the 80’s, let’s start with a cake mix.
Then put it in your crock.
What a crock it is.
And wait a bunch of hours.
I suggest you get on with your life during this time.
Watching the crock pot work is a losing battle, folks.
- 1 (18.25 oz) pkg chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (3 or 4 oz) pkg of instant chocolate pudding mix any size will be fine
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups, or 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Spray crock pot with non stick spray. I used my 8 qt crock pot.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour in crock.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 1/2-7 hours until center is set.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Cook times may vary slightly based on your crock pot…low on some might be higher than on others.
Also, the cake is very loose, more like a pudding-cake.