This recipe for Easy Chocolate Mousse is equally delicious and versatile. Eat it on it’s own, or layer it in a trifle or cake…it’s a creamy no bake mousse that you will love!
So today I am posting a recipe that I have been on the search of for AGES! Chocolate Mousse!
I have made Chocolate Mousse before…but have never really found a recipe that I liked. I tried to develop my own a few years back which ended in spoon throwing and tears.
Nope, not dramatic at all.
Which is what I did today. AND I have a short little video to show you the process!
The Chocolate Mousse has a few steps…but trust me none are hard at all…AND like I said before this is a great recipe to use. It’s stable enough to layer between cakes, or even stand on it’s own.
Start with you eggs…
Heat some heavy cream in a saucepan while the sugar and eggs are mixing…
And then pour the warm heavy cream into the egg mixture…mix it up and then back to the stove to heat more and thicken.
When the egg/cream mixture is thickened add in your chocolate…
Just mix it together until it has melted.
Then pop it in the fridge for a few hours until it chills completely and becomes VERY thick.
Go ahead and beat up some whipped cream too…
And fold that into the chilled chocolate mixture. I found that using the paddle attachment on my mixer set on low worked the best.
I piped the mousse right into little cups!
And then of course sprinkles…
Make sure to check out Glory’s site for all her beautiful treats!
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2½ cups cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate (about 1 cup semi-sweet chips)
- Beat eggs and granulated sugar with your mixer for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 1 cup heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan until just hot, not boiling. With mixer on low pour the hot cream into the egg mixture slowly until combined.
- Next, add the egg/cream mixture back into the saucepan and over low heat, stir for five minutes constantly until thickened. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, until chilled, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture is completely chilled and firm use your whisk attachment on your stand mixer to whip the remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Remove chocolate from fridge and using the paddle attachment or a spoon fold/stir the whipped cream into the chocolate until incorporated and smooth. I found using the paddle attachment on low speed worked best.
- Serve immediately as-is, or refrigerate until ready to use.
Perfect served alone or as a cake filling, cupcake topping, or layered dessert filling