My Fall Favorites list is one of my favorite lists to put together every year! Plaid, pumpkin, and cozy are all right up my alley! Plus, this list isn’t a gift guide, unless you’re into giving yourself presents…which I, actually, am!
Today I’m sharing all my fall favorites. I mean, some are repeat favorites, but most are brand new. When the weather starts to turn a little chilly, the basic girl inside gets all sorts of happy. I’m sad to see my rosé days dwindle for the year, but bring me a nice red blend with a side of Pumpkin Spice anything and I’m all set.
Also I will say, this list is very indicative of my life right now…stretchy, comfortable clothes. I don’t have any “dressy” items that I am dying to share, but I am sure next month when I get into the holiday mood that will change!
AND FYI this post does contain affiliate links, but none of this content is sponsored. These are all items I have purchased on my own that I love and wanted to share with you!
Clockwise from the top:
- I always get at least one fall scarf every year. I am loving THIS ONE because it’s not overly bulky, great fall colors and it includes navy instead of green! So many of my fall/winter scarves have green in them, and I liked the subtle color switch in this one.
- THIS DENIM JACKET is my new holy grail this season. I have had tons of denim jackets over the years, but the reason I am so in love with this one is that it’s relaxed, without being boxy! I have a denim jacket that I like, but it’s cut more fitted, which makes layering it a bit tricky. I feel like I always end up looking like fat guy in a little coat. Anyway, this one is roomy enough to wear over long sweaters and long sleeved shirts, but not boxy and shapeless. Perfect this season! (True to size for a relaxed fit, size down for a closer fit).
- I am all about a cozy poncho. THIS PONCHO from Lou & Grey is short sleeved, which makes it a great transitional piece! I wear it with a long sleeved shirt underneath for cooler days, as well as with a tank top on warmer. Love the versatility and comfort!
- Every fall wardrobe needs a plaid shirt! I love THIS ONE because it’s comfortable, soft, and has a great flowy detail on the back which makes it look great with jeans or leggings!
Ok, since I am SO obvious, you know that I live in leggings. BUT I am actually very picky about them! Here are my favorite two pairs for the fall…
- On the left are my ride or die leggings. I have been wearing these for about a year nonstop. They are RIDICULOUSLY stretchy, soft and HIGH WAISTED! Ok, yes, let’s get this out of the way, they are pricey…but I legit wear them multiple times a week. Let me try and justify the price for a minute…they are from Lululemon, so that’s part of it…but the material…OMG YES. If you are a fan of LulaRoe you will love these…because A) you can get them in black and B) they have a high waist…did I mention that already? They are like a second skin. The only issue I could see is the length. If you are a tall girl they will fit like they do on the model above. I am 5’2″ and they fit like a perfect ankle pant. I have trouble with leggings a lot of the time, because they are either TOO LONG and bunch up at the ankles, or they are a crop, which I am not a huge fan of. Also, let me address the reviews on these pants (on lululemon). Some reviewers say that they experience pilling, which I HATE (obviously)… but like I said, I have worn these for a year nonstop and don’t have ONE BIT of pilling. Seriously give these a try. You will thank me.
- ANNNND the POLARTEC LEGGINGS on the right. Yes, another pricey pair, but these, my friends, are FLEECE LINED. Imagine a super stretchy pair of leggings lined with a thin layer of fleece. Now, I don’t ski, or snow shoe, or whatever these pants are probably actually made for, but I do sit for HOURS at soccer games in the cold weather, and these are MADE for that! They don’t add bulk, like a lot of lined pants do, and they are just really comfy!
- Every few years I buy myself a new pair of slippers. I have had UGG slippers for about 7 or so years and I live in them over the fall and winter months. So this year, I snagged the COZY CABLE SLIPPERS in this pretty ivory color. I love them so much. I was a little nervous about getting such a light color, and am hoping they don’t start to look grungy, but I just loved them so much. They also come in a light gray and pale pink. SO cute and cozy!
- CANDLES. Duh. I am a huge candle purchaser and can’t seem to say no to all the fall scents from Bath & Body Works. They own the candle game in my opinion, and the Pumpkin Pecan Waffle scent is an all time fave that I have been buying every fall for the past 3 years! There are so many scents I love, I couldn’t possibly name them all!
- DISNEY EVERYTHING. I am having a Disney moment right now. I was there last month, and am actually heading back this week to take my husband to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. So I have been fully dressing the part #sorrynotsorry. This SNACKS SHIRT is a fave of mine right now, but also so is THIS ONE and THIS ONE TOO!
- A version of THIS SWEATER has been on pretty much every favorites list I’ve done for the past 3 years. I bought the one you see in the upper right corner during the Nordstrom Semi-Annual Sale over the summer, and it’s been on permanent rotation in my life this fall. It’s by the brand Barefoot Dreams and it’s magic. It’s also a great gift, but make sure you buy one for yourself too because once you feel it, you won’t want to give it away. This one is a little longer, and while I wear it around the house constantly, I also totally wear it out with jeans! BUY IT!
- Are you getting sick of all the stretchy, comfy clothes? I CAN’T HELP IT!! Also, THIS SWEATSHIRT needs to be in your life. I would go as far to say that if you only splurge on one item on this whole list, this is the one. I bought it in black and the blush and I have NEVER owned a more comfortable shirt ever in my life. Worth every penny. (True to size)
- As far as comfy sweater go, THIS ONE from Free People is ADORABLE. I have never been a huge “off the shoulder” girl, but this one is SO cute on. I wear it off one shoulder, not both, and it is flattering, and relaxed. BUT pair it with a pair of skinny jeans and some heeled boots and I know you could dress this up a bit. I have the light AND dark grey, and the lighter gray is definitely more casual, but other colors can absolutely be great for a night out! (Size down, it runs very large).
I have been talking a lot about beauty stuff over on my Instagram Stories lately. I totally love buying and trying products! Here are few of my favorites lately!
- As the weather gets cooler, my skin always needs more moisture, and I have been really liking shower oils lately! THIS ONE from Jo Malone is a splurge, but it’s in my favorite Jo Malone scent ever, Peony & Blush Suede. I am obsessed with that scent, and the oil is so moisturizing and lovely.
- Tarte Shape Tape is my holy grail concealer. I’ve been using it exclusively for the past year(?). It’s amazing coverage, isn’t cakey, doesn’t settle into lines and smooth! They only sell it at Ulta, as far as I know, but it’s worth the trip there to match your color. I have it in 2 colors for when my skin is a little tanner. If you’re looking for a new concealer, I HIGHLY recommend!
- And finally GENIUS Liquid Collagen by Algenist is a new favorite. It’s another splurge, but I am ok with spending a bit more on skincare if it works. I am almost done with an entire bottle of this, and I feel like it makes my skin plump, moisturized, and smooth. I really feel like this has helped my skin in a huge way, and have my next bottle on order right now.
- I bought the Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe when it first came out many months ago. I was one of the people who set an alarm on my phone to order it as soon as it was released. I know it sold out FAST the first few restocks, but I think it’s readily available now. It’s an AMAZING eye palette, totally affordable, and filled with so many colors. You can use it easily for everyday looks as well as super dramatic looks as well. I am a HUGE fan, The colors are pigmented, smooth, and buttery. They blend well, and I don’t experience fall out with the shimmery colors. I am telling you, this is a GOOD one! Here’s a look at my palette and swatches of the colors…
2. DAHLIA DIVIN NUDE by Givenchy. OMG I’M OBSESSED with this scent! It’s my fall perfume, and I literally can’t wait to wear it. I actually bought it while I was at Disney last month at the perfume shop on France in Epcot. It’s a lovely warm floral, kinda musky, with the perfect light citrus undertone. I get compliments every time I wear it. SO GOOD!
3. For all you basic girls out there, get ready to take it to the next level. I’m LOVING this PETER THOMAS ROTH PUMPKIN ENZYME MASK . It smells oh so fall, and makes my skin glowy and squeaky clean without being dry or tight. I love love it!
4. FENTY BEAUTY GLOSS BOMB UNIVERSAL LIP LUMINIZER is so so good. Rihanna just launched a makeup line at Sephora and she has some great products that I am loving, but the lipgloss is super great! It’s $18, which is about average for a gloss at Sephora, but the fun thing about this one is she only came out with ONE color for the whole line. It claims to be a color that will look good on every skin tone, and while I don’t konw if that is totally true, I can tell you it looks REALLY pretty on everyone that I have seen wear it! It’s a nude-ish coral. It’s super shiny, smells good and isn’t sticky. It doesn’t last a very long time… I mean, it’s a gloss, but I really really like it!
5. ESSENCE LASH PRINCESS FALSE LASH EFFECT. I consider myself a mascara expert. I buy ridiculous amounts of mascara, and based on this I feel like I can tell you switch ones are the actual best ones out there…especially if you;re looking for volume. SO when I tried this one by Essence, I wasn’t expecting a lot, because I already have a few favorites. BUT OMG this stuff is AMAZING. It’s only $5, which WAY beats some of my current favorites (Marc Jacobs, Lancome, Too Faced). And the last effect is CRAZY good. If yo’re looking for long, thick lashes that don’t clump…go now and buy this. I found it at Ulta, but I think you can buy the brand Essence at Target, Walmart etc.
6. HUDA LIP STROBE in Angelic. Girl, this gloss is so good. I get asked all the time what I am wearing when I use this. It’s a true wearble metallic gloss. I am not into glittery lips, or even overly dramatic lips, but this is a GREAT option. It’s different enough to be noticed, and the color that I love, Angelic, is wearable on its own or over a lipstick. It’s pearly, reflective and iridescent without being “too much”.
And so that wraps up my FALL FAVORITES for 2017! I would LOVE to hear what you are loving right now…if it’s cozy, I will most likely buy it! I’m an easy sell!
Have a great day!!
11 comments on “Fall Favorites”
I basically make my shopping lists from your recommendation posts here and on Instagram. 🙂
omg I love it!!!
I just went on a little Sephora rampage and included the Huda you recommended and one other color too because it was getting amazing reviews. Thank you!
I hope you love it!! It’s SO pretty!!
Love the colors of those lipglosses!! I’m in the market for a new pair of Ugg slippers so I think I’ll give these a try!! Thanks for the recommendations!!:)
I bought the Fenty gloss after your insta story the other day 🙂
Do you love it??
Waiting for my haul to arrive!! 🙂
PS love your blog- you are always my go to site when looking for a sweet treat to bake! That cinnamon roll cake! <3
awww thank you!! Hope you got some good stuff!!
Those Ugg slippers are a godsend. I have them in the gray cable and they are beyond comfy! Will have to check out that pumpkin mask and a few other of these great finds.
aren’t they the best?!?!