- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 (10.5) oz bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Spray 9×9 pan with non-stick spray.
- Over med-low heat melt your butter.
- Once your butter is melted, continue to cook until butter starts to brown.
- It will turn a golden brown color and develop a nutty aroma.
- Be careful not to burn. Once the butter begins to brown it can burn quickly.
- Stir up any brown bits.
- Add the marshmallows and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies.
- When mixed spread the krispie mixture in your prepared pan.
- Spray a sheet of wax paper or parchment with non-stick spray and gently press the krispies down evenly.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and then cut into squares.