Cream Cheese Zucchini Bread is so easy to make! You’ll love this spiced zucchini bread loaf that’s tender and moist, with a sweet vanilla cream cheese center.
With that said, I am always amazed when people have great gardens where they grow herbs, fruits and vegetables. Even my son has built his own little garden out back where he tends to his very own “crop”. Yes, the apple fell VERY far from the tree. So you see, I am lucky to have a network of people who DO have the proverbial green thumb, and I’m able to reap the benefits without any of the work…looks as if I have found a loophole, my friends.
Enter zucchini. My mom’s neighbor grows them and as I can imagine there are only so many zucchini one can consume…behold said loophole…I now have about 10 beautiful organic zucchini to do with as I wish.
First use: zucchini bread. Not just any zucchini bread, however, a sweet cream cheese filled zucchini bread. The loaf itself is dense and…well, the word I want to use is banned from my vocabulary…m@!*#st…I can’t even bring myself to type that word. But, you know what I mean, right? More on word phobias another day…but the “M” word, best used to describe brownies is OFF LIMITS! No way around it.
The cream cheese filling adds a little something special and I may try it next time I do banana bread…yummmm.
Here are the details:
Grease and flour 2 standard loaf pans
With your hand mixer beat the cream cheese filling ingredients together and set aside.
For the bread, mix first 5 ingredients together (dry ingredients) in a large bowl. Set aside. In another bowl combine eggs, both sugars and oil. Stir until all the ingredients are incorporated. Now add the wet ingredients into the dry…it will be very thick batter. Now add the zucchini. This will thin out the batter.
Now pour half of the batter into each of the loaf pans. Top each with half the cream cheese mix, trying to keep the cream cheese away from the edges as to contain all the cream cheese in the bread.
Top with remaining batter.
Bake approx 1 hr until bread is done and toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for 5 min. Run knife along edge of pan to loosen bread if it has stuck and then remove from pan and continue to cool.
Enjoy and Happy Wednesday!
Cream Cheese Zucchini Bread is so easy to make! You’ll love this spiced zucchini bread loaf with a sweet vanilla cream cheese center.
- 3 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 t. coarse sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1 c. oil
- 2 c. grated zucchini (about 1 – 1 1/2 zucchini)
Cream cheese filling:
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1/3 c. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 2 standard loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the cream cheese filling. With your hand mixer, beat the ingredients together until smooth, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and coarse salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, white sugar, light brown sugar, and oil. Stir until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture to form a thick batter. Add the zucchini.
- Divide half of the batter evenly between each of the prepared loaf pans. Add the cream cheese mixture, leaving about a 1-inch border between the cream cheese filling and the edge of the pan.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake approximately 1 hr, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the loaves cool in the pans for 5 min. Run knife along the edge of each pan to loosen bread, and then remove it from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: best zucchini bread recipe, how to make zucchini bread