- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/8 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 T milk
- 1 stick butter – softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar (approximately)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 T milk
- Preheat 350
- Sift together flour and salt. In mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the zest and the eggs one at a time until combined. SLowly add the flour mixture until a batter forms…do not over mix. Lastly add the poppy seeds and mix slowly until incorpoated in the batter.
- Fill cupcake pans, with or without wrappers. If you are not using cupcake liners make sure to butter and flour each cup to prevent sticking. (or use baking spray)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Makes about 13 cupcakes.
- While the cupcakes are baking combine 3/4 cup sugar and 3/4 cup lemon juice in small saucepot over medium heat and stir until sugar is melted. Remove your syrup from heat.
- When cupcakes are done remove them from the pan and poke holes in them with a toothpick. Brush or spoon your lemon syrup over them. Let sit for about 10 minutes before glazing.
- In small bowl add chips and milk and microwave in 20 second intervals until chips are melted and smooth.
- Spoon glaze over the cupcakes and let set, about 20 minutes.
- Combine chips and milk in small bowl and microwave at 20 second intervals until melted. Meanwhile cream softened butter at med-high speed in mixer. When chocolate is melted add to the butter and mix until incorporated…now slowly add powdered sugar until you reach a soft frosting. It will firm up as the white chocolate cools, so be sure not to add too much powdered sugar.
- Frost cupcakes and you’re done!