Cupcake Pebbles Cupcakes, otherwise known as Rice Krispie cupcakes, are made with crunchy vanilla pebbles cereal and the frosting of your choice! Make them for birthdays, get-togethers, or to satisfy your marshmallow cravings!
- 6 cups Cupcake Pebbles Cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10-ounce bag mini-marshmallows
- Cupcake liners
- Homemade or canned frosting…whatever flavor you would like
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare your cupcake pan, either lining with cupcake liners or spraying with non-stick cooking spray. (I made my mini ones without liners and the large ones with liners)
- Melt butter over low heat. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir frequently until melted.
- Once marshmallows are melted remove from heat and add Pebbles. (If you are going to measure amounts out, make sure to spray your spoon or measuring cup with cooking spray to prevent sticking. I used my hands which I also sprayed liberally with spray. It gets messy!)
- Now press approximately 1/4 cup pebble mix into full sized cupcake liners. (For mini-sized cupcakes use a rounded tablespoon amount of cupcake mix.)
- Using the back of a sprayed spoon press down gently to smooth and even out the cupcake.
- Let them cool about 10 minutes and then you are ready to frost. I would recommend removing from cupcake pan before frosting. Decorate as you like!
Makes approximately 18 regular sized cupcakes or 55 mini cupcakes.
Keywords: rice krispie cupcakes, frosted rice krispies, rice krispie desserts