Hello friends!! I am here today kinda-sorta last minute-ish to give you a few Mother’s Day ideas! If you haven’t shopped for the Mom in your life, well…you need to get on it!
My husband was traveling last year and came home the evening before Mother’s Day. Turns out his travels also stole his brain cells and he completely forgot Mother’s Day 2015. It was not a great day in my house. Of course I would like to think of myself as the easy-breezy gal who can let things roll off my back…realizing the day isn’t necessarily about presents…
Unfortunately I’ve learned that I’m not, nor will ever be easy-breezy. You have to really accept who you are at some point. I’m the girl who likes presents. Gift giving is my love language…which is an actual real thing. It’s not my fault, I WAS BORN THIS WAY!
You can tell the wound is not fully healed.
Anyhow, to prevent you from trickling into dangerous territory and not giving the right thing…or anything at all, I’m here to help you a little bit. There’s still time!
Of course the BEST gift in ALL THE LAND is The Cookies & Cups Cookbook.
No, I’m serious. It’s really actually a great gift. Let’s take the fact that I wrote it out of the equation for half a second and I’ll tell you, that whether or not your mom is a baker, I guarantee she will love it. It’s a pinky promise.
ANNNND my friends over at MZ Wallace are GIVING AWAY 2 of their Limited Edition Metro Totes in this gorgeous floral print along with 2 copies of my book! One winner will get a tote and a book for themselves and a tote and a book to give to mom!! How freaking fun is THAT? Plus, these gorgeous bags are completely sold out, so the only way to get one is to enter!
All the details to enter can be found HERE. SO I fully suggest you get in on that!
I have talked about my love for MZ Wallace so many times here…but I really can’t say enough about their bags. They are completely perfection.
I had been lusting over the Black Leather Metro Tote since December, but they sold out pretty quickly, so when they came back in stock I made sure to get one. It’s basically my prize possession.
I literally use it ALL the time…it’s so fantastic. I know it’s a bit of a splurge, so if you’re new to MZ Wallace and aren’t looking to spend quite that much I totally recommend getting a Nylon Metro Tote… but be warned it will start an addiction! They are without a doubt the best tote bags going.
Anyhow again, make sure to enter…you’ve got nothing to lose!
Ok, next up on my list…
People. They now make a Rose Gold Macbook. DEAD.
I am a little bummed they don’t do a Rose Gold Macbook Pro…but fingers crossed it will come out soon. I am fairly certain that any gal would go CRAZY for this..myself included!!
And apparently I am fully on a pink kick right now. I am loving everything blush and pale pink!
- You guys know I am a Kendra Scott fan, and her new Rose Quartz line has me hard! I bought the Rayne Necklace in Rose Quartz a few months ago and am loving it, but these sweet Tessa Studs would be perfection for everyday wear! I LOVE them!
- Also I got this adorable Rose Gold Bow Ring when I was in Portland last month and I wear it all the time! I don’t have a lot of rose gold jewelry, so I didn’t want to spend a ton, and this ring is so sweet and a great price point too!
- The fun Kate Spade Pom-Pom bag charm is super sweet. I got this exact charm a few months ago and switch it on whatever bag I am using. It’s a happy little accessory 🙂
- Finally these Poppy colored Tieks. Again, I am a huge Tieks fan and have worn them for years…and just when I thought I didn’t need another pair they come out with this Poppy color. SOOOO I went ahead and splurged. Plus, they are only available until June. For those of you on the fence about Tieks, buy them. I get stopped ALL the time when I am wearing them from people asking me if they’re “worth it”. In my opinion yes, 100%. I own 7 pairs… I know it’s silly. A few of those pairs (maybe 3) were given to me as gifts. The others I bought with my own money, as did I these Poppy ones. I really really love them and think they are worth every cent if you like flats. (They are not sponsoring this post in any way..I just really love them and think you will too).
- Up next let’s discuss my love for my Nespresso. Oh dear, I love it. I had used a Keurig for many many years and we just decided to switch to the Nespresso about 2 months ago.I was on the fence for so long, reading reviews, watching You Tube videos etc, but finally I just went into Crate and Barrel and sampled some of the coffee..and that was it for me. I was sold. Now, please note there are SO many Nespresso models out there. I wanted one that made both coffee AND espresso. I didn’t want multiple machines on my counter top, so we bought the Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Deluxe WITH the Aeroccino Milk Frother…which is a TOTAL must. I seriously can’t tell you how much I love this coffee maker. The only downside is they don’t sell the pods in stores, you have to order them online or find a Nespresso Boutique. I thought this would bother me more, but I have placed orders only to have them arrive the next day with free shipping…so for me, it’s really been fine. If you’re worried about waste, I understand, but you can ship your used pods back to Nespresso (for free) and they recycle them. Also like I said, the milk frother is a MUST 🙂
I generally use the rule, if it plugs in, it’s not a Mother’s Day gift, but I make solid exception when it comes to the Nespresso.
- The Voluspa Baltic Amber candle is my current favorite. I think this is a great gift because it’s not expensive, it smells gorgeous without being over-powering and it’s in a stunning glass jar. I buy them at Anthropologie when I am able to get there, but it looks like they sell them on Amazon now too!
- Also, my favorite blanket (for the past 2 years) is this Barefoot Dreams cozy throw. This blanket is like curling up in a cloud. You might think a blanket is a boring gift, but let me be a witness to the power of Barefoot Dreams. They are luxurious and special. I adore mine.
- Buying beauty products for Mom is a little tough unless you know exactly what she wants. But I will say that I am LOVING Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet perfume right now. It’s light (and pink) and flowery, but not TOO flowery if that makes sense. It smells clean with a hint of white musk. It’s really a pretty scent!
- Ok, OMG this Peanut Butter and Jelly eye shadow palette from Too Faced is the funnest!! Not only are the colors super wearable, it smells delicious. I don’t have this one yet, but it’s on my list!
I wanted to include a few clothing items on the list, but you have to be careful when you’re buying for others…sizing can be tricky!
- Citizens of Humanity Emerson Boyfriend jeans. These are a splurge FOR SURE, but it’s Mother’s Day!! I have these jeans and they are my most favorite. If you are on the search for the perfect boyfriend jean, look no further. If you think you don’t look good in boyfriend jeans, LOOK NO FURTHER! I was in Nordstrom a few months ago looking at jeans and found a pair of boyfriends I was going to try on…the sales girl pulled me aside and told me about the CoH Emerson. They don’t sell them in my Nordstrom anymore, but she was SO adamant they were the best I went home and ordered them online, site unseen. They have AMAZING reviews on the Nordstrom website, which helped me decide. Well, she was 100% right. They are fantastic. They are a slimmer boyfriend fit, so they aren’t super baggy, but if you prefer an even slimmer fit size down one size. If you want them to be a bit relaxed stay true to size. They are cut cropped length, so for me they are perfect to wear uncuffed or cuffed. If you are tall they will be a bit short, so just know that.
- Still unsure of what to get mom, this adorable embroidered J Crew top is a great, simple idea that I have and love. I think it’s looks cute with jeans…but you could certainly dress it up if you wanted to!
So that’s it! I hope you might have found a gift idea (or two) for the Mom in your life…or for you!
Happy Mother’s Day!!