it will yield approx 12 cookie cups
will frost 36 cupcakes
- 18 oz white chocolate chips (about a 12 oz bag and a half)
- 1/2 cup milk, divided in half
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups sifted powdered sugar (approx 2 pounds)
- Cream butter and shortening with mixer
- Add vanilla
- Gradually beat in sugar, scraping the sides
- Icing will appear dry when all sugar is in.
- Add 1/4 cup milk.
- Beat until fluffy on medium, approx 30 seconds.
- In microwave safe bowl add white chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup milk.
- Microwave on 50% power 1 minute, then stir, continuing with 30 intervals until chocolate is just melted.
- If there are a few lumps, just give it a good stir until they lumps melt, DO NOT overheat, you will ruin the chocolate.
- When chocolate is melted, add to the prepared buttercream.
- Beat in on medium until fully incorporated.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes, then pipe on.