PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE is an EASY recipe that will quickly become your go-to fall dessert! It’s made with yellow cake mix, which is a great shortcut.
Pumpkin Dump Cake Is Going To Be Your Go-To Fall Dessert!
As some of you know I am not a huge pumpkin fan. I like the looks of them, I like the carving of them…but the taste, not so much. Of course Pumpkin SPICE is a whole different situation… GIMME ALL THE PUMPKIN SPICE!
BUT, I think it’s a texture deal. Like pudding, or custard…pumpkin just has never been my fave. BUT seeing as I won’t eat pudding because of the globby consistency, you might find it funny that I WOULD eat a cake with the word “dump” in it.
AND put together pumpkin and “dump” with the super basic pumpkin spice and you have a dessert that I WILL eat. I know I have made no sense whatsoever today, but I am in a pumpkin dump cake coma.
What is a Dump Cake?
I know you have heard of dump cake before. It was a recipe that became popular in the 80’s by church cookbooks and potlucks…my mom made them and so did my grandma. You basically dump in a few cans of fruit in a pan and cover it with cake mix and butter and bake it. This is the same idea, only adios fruit and hola pumpkin.
It’s a pumpkin dump cake recipe with yellow cake mix, evaporated milk and a few other easy ingredient. AND I made a Pumpkin Dump Cake VIDEO to show you just how easy it is!
First you dump a can of pumpkin, a can of evaporated milk, some sugar and some eggs into a bowl…
Then you can top it with nuts, but since I don’t like nuts I topped it with some crushed graham crackers and toffee bits. You can use the toffee bits with or without chocolate. I’ve done it both ways and it’s great!
Now here’s the kicker…You now melt 2 sticks of butter and pour that over the entire thing.
Then pop it in the oven and it comes out looking something like this…
So, you can stop there…but if you have ice cream in the freezer, I highly recommend plopping some on top. And maybe caramel sauce too. I mean…
I promise you, this will be your go-to fall dessert!!
Don’t forget to tag me and use the hashtag #cookiesandcups if you post you pictures on social media!Print
Pumpkin Dump Cake is an easy fall dessert that starts with yellow cake mix! So delicious!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure Pumpkin
- 1 (10 ounce) can Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter melted
- 1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers or pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine and pour into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the entire box of cake mix on top, followed by your nuts or graham crackers and toffee chips.
- Pour your melted butter evenly on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
serve with ice cream or whipped cream
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: pumpkin, cake, dump cake, fall dessert
Want To Save This Recipe?