Makes approx 3 1/2 – 4 dozen.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups AP flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 (12 oz) bag white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 3 T. butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat to 350
- Cream butter and both sugars with mixer.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and pumpkin.
- Combine dry ingredients and slowly add to butter mixture.
- Mix until combined.
- Stir in white chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet. (Batter will be sticky)
- Bake approx 12 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Let sit on baking sheet for at least 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and continue cooking 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Mixture will slightly thicken.
- With hand mixer beat in milk until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar until spreadable consistency. ( I used all 2 cups).
- Spread approx 1 teaspoon on each cookie.
Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.