- 1 box Samoas
- 1/4 pkg. cream cheese softened (2 oz)
- melting chocolate ( I used chocolate melting disks)
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Crush Samoa cookies in a food processor until they are a fine crumb.
- Mix the crumbs with your cream cheese using the back of a spoon or you hands.
- Form them into balls and line on a baking sheet covered in wax paper.
- Freeze these for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a pan over low heat toast your coconut. This will take 5- 10 min. Stir consistently, because once it starts to brown it will happen quickly.
- When you’re ready to assemble the truffles melt chocolate with 1 Tbsp of Crisco until smooth.
- (If serving on a stick, insert stick carefully now before dipping)
- Dip each Samoa ball into the chocolate tapping off the excess and placing back on your wax paper.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Let dry.