These SUPER SOFT Double Chocolate Pudding Cookies are a fudgy, easy cookie recipe with two kinds of chocolate!
Have you ever made pudding cookies? Ok, let me start at the beginning…do you know what a pudding cookie is?
It’s basically just a cookie baked with dry pudding mix right in the dough. Think about it…pudding is soft, it has a yummy flavor already added, and is perfectly sweet. Which makes it the obvious addition to cookies! You literally just make a cookie recipe as you would otherwise, but also add the pudding mix (instant only please) and wait for the magic to happen.
What you are left with is a soft, melty textured cookie that is thick and perfectly sweetened. Have I convinced you yet to give them a try?
Super Soft Double Chocolate Pudding Cookies
Let me just say that these cookies are SO easy and SO SO good. Chewy and soft, with the perfect amount of chocolate. I actually would like to make them TRIPLE Chocolate Pudding Cookies next time and add in some white chips too! Right?
Of course if chocolate isn’t your thing (gasp!) the beauty of adding pudding to cookies is there are so many flavors!
Here are just a few of my other Pudding Cookie recipes:
Why Add Pudding Into Cookies?
Pudding mix has starches in it, which helps in stabilizing the dough, creating a thicker cookie. It also has sweeteners and flavors which are an easy short-cut when trying to get the most flavor into a cookie! Plus, pudding comes in many flavors, and it’s easier than buying a lot of extracts!
Does It Have To Be Instant Pudding?
Yep. The coagulants in the “cook and serve” pudding mixes are different than the instant which contains a large amount of cornstarch. The texture will be altered and it won’t bake up as nicely.
Feel free to get creative when using pudding in your cookie recipes!
And for MORE inspiration, here are even MORE Pudding Cookie Recipes:
(This recipe was originally published in 2014, but the pictures and post were updated in 2019)Print
Super Soft Double Chocolate PUDDING COOKIES! This easy cookie recipe is soft and fudgy on the inside made with dry pudding mix right in the dough!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (4 serving pkg) Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablsepoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter and sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in dry pudding mix, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Mix for 1 minutes or until evenly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in flour, stirring until evenly incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until tops are just set. Don’t over bake.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, pudding cookies, cookie recipe, chocolate cookies, double chocolate
Want To Save This Recipe?