This Sugar Cookie Cheesecake is the creamiest, most simple cheesecake ever…all on top of a sprinkle sugar cookie! Classic and delicious!
So July 30th is National Cheesecake Day. Who knew?
The idea that there is an entire day devoted to my favorite food ever to exist makes me exponentially happy.
So when my friends over at PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese asked that I create a recipe in honor of Cheesecake Day I happily agreed.
No one keeps baby in the corner.
And I have found that the simpler the cheesecake, the happier my taste buds.
Except when I add sprinkles, because sprinkles and cheesecake make my heart throw a party.
So today we’re gonna do Sugar Cookie Cheesecake. It’s a good day.
What I love most about this cheesecake is using PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. They use fresh local milk combined with real wholesome cream to create their deliciouscream cheese, and it has yet to disappoint. There are no preservatives in the Original PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese…it goes from farm to fridge in just 6 days!
We all know fresh is best and PHILADELPHIA makes my cheesecake super creamy and delicious. I honestly wouldn’t even think about using another brand.
Let’s get started on the easy details of this cheesecake…
I made a simple sugar cookie layer for the crust and loaded it up with sprinkles…
Just press it evenly into the pan…
Next I made the simple cheesecake layer, which only has 4 ingredients. It’s simple, creamy and perfect.
Just bake it up and let it cool and chill it for at least 4 hours.
What’s so great about cheesecake is you can make it a day before you’re ready to serve it and it’s going to be perfect!
I decided that I needed to spruce it up a bit and made a simple whipped cream that I added a few sprinkles to as well!
I stuck a sugar cookie in the whipped cream and called myself fancy!
And then of course I ate a slice!Print
Sugar Cookie Base:
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- 4 (8 oz) bricks PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
Sprinkle Whipped Cream Garnish
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- optional garnish – sugar cookie pieces.
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Lightly spray a 9 “ springform pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Prepare crust first by beating butter and sugar together for 1-2 minutes until fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Add in salt and baking soda and mix until incorporated, scraping sides as necessary.
- Finally add in flour until just combines and stir in sprinkles.
- Press cookie dough into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Clean mixing bowl and beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add in vanilla and one egg at a time, mixing in between each until just combined. Don’t over-mix and don’t forget to scrape the sides and bottom of bowl during mixing.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over cookie base.
- Bake in oven for 55-60 minutes until center is almost set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- When cheesecake is chilled you can make your whipped cream by mixing you heavy cream and powdered sugar in mixing bowl with whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Add in sprinkles and mix until combined. Pipe or spread whipped cream on top of cheesecake, garnish with sugar cookies if desired.
cheesecake recipe adapted from PHILADELPHIA
Want To Save This Recipe?
*I was compensated for this post by PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, but please know that all opinions are my own and I only promote brands that I love and use in my own kitchen