Teacher Appreciation Oreo Cupcake Recipe
I started a day ahead making Oreo Truffles
How to Make Oreo Truffle Apples:
Freeze them so they’re firm and then melt the red melting disks dip each truffle apple in, being careful not to get the red all over the stem.
When the candy was set I piped on some green leafs with royal icing just to make them cute.
I used MY FAVORITE CUPCAKE RECIPE
Everyone remember to thank a teacher!
What’s the best way to show someone you care about them? With a cupcake! Teacher Appreciation Cupcakes are a super cute dessert, and a great way to thank your child’s teacher for all that they do! A simple cupcake recipe with Oreo truffles, made in just about 30 minutes.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 16 oz red candy disks, melted
- Pretzel sticks or Tootsie Rolls
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- green food coloring
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) apples.
- Place pretzel stick into the top of truffle, or cut Tootsie Roll into piece and roll into the shape of a stem.
- Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- When the candy coating is set mix the powdered sugar, milk and green food coloring in a small bowl.
- Place icing in a piping bag fitted with a small round tip, or in a zip-top bag with a tiny bit of the corner snipped off.
- Pipe on leaves.
- Allow the truffles to set up.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 apple
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 10.2 g
- Sodium: 31.4 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.8 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 4.6 mg
Keywords: easy cupcake recipe, simple cupcake recipe, homemade cupcake recipe, teacher appreciation ideas, oreo baking recipes, cute baking recipes