What is Cannoli Cake? Picture a light, creamy, chocolatey cannoli fresh from the bakery. Now, imagine it transformed into layer upon layer of gorgeous vanilla cake!
1. Mix the mascarpone with ricotta, powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla. Fold in the chocolate chips, then chill.
2. Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, oil, vanilla and baking powder, followed by a pinch of salt.
3.Alternate adding buttermilk and flour to the batter, scraping down the bowl. Divide the batter between 3 lined round pans.
4.Bake the cake layers for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
5. Once the cake has cooled, make the frosting. Beat together butter and sugar, then add milk, salt and vanilla and beat until creamy.
6. Place one cake layer on a plate and top with half of the cannoli filling. Repeat with the second layer and remaining cannoli filling, then add the top layer.
7. Using an offset spatula, spread the frosting over the top and sides of the cake. Garnish as desired.
ENJOY! This is truly a showstopper of a cake. In looks, but also in its irresistible texture and sweet, creamy flavor.