Can I make this ahead? Absolutely! The pot pie can be prepared and refrigerated for 3-4 days in advance. Freezing the unbaked pot pie is another great make-ahead option.
1. Cook the frozen vegetables, then set aside. Sauté the celery and onion in a large Dutch oven with butter until softened.
2. Add flour and seasonings to make a paste, then slowly stir in the chicken broth and milk.
3. Whisk the sauce while it cooks and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the chicken and vegetables.
4. Place the bottom crust in a 9-inch pie plate, pour in the filling, then add the top crust. Pinch the edges shut and cut a few slits in the top of the pie.
5. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
DIG IN! This pot pie is perfect for a cozy winter dinner, along with a side of mashed potatoes or Parker House rolls.