Why Use an Instant Pot? Making boneless short ribs in the pressure cooker skips over the hours of braising time that’s normally needed to achieve beef that’s ultimately cuttable with a fork.
1. Season the ribs with a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Brown in a bit of oil using the sauté setting in the Instant Pot.
2. Remove the ribs from the Instant Pot. Saute the shallots and garlic until fragrant. This only takes a minute!
3. Pour in the beef broth and stir to deglaze the pot. Add the balsamic, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and herbs into the pot and give it a stir.
4. Place the trivet into the pot and put the seared ribs on top. Close the lid and pressure cook for 45 minutes.
5. Let the pressure release naturally, then remove ribs. Switch back to saute mode, add red wine and butter, and simmer until reduced.
DIG IN! Dish up your short ribs and pour wine sauce over top. They taste great over some fluffy mashed potatoes with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.