makes approx 24 cookies or 12 deep dish cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening, I used butter flavored
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- approx 24 white chocolate pieces (like these Hersheys Bliss)
- Beat the shortening, butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar together. Set aside.
- Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Then mix with the
- creamed sugar mixture until incorporated.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix 2 Tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl
- Scoop a rounded tablespoon sized ball of dough and form it around 1 white chocolate piece. Roll the dough in the cinnamon sugar mix. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet 3 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
Adaptation ~ If you make this recipe into deep dish cookies, use a heaping 1/4 cup of cookie dough and stuff it with 2 chocolates, increase baking time to 12-14 minutes until edges start to golden.
Remember to spray your muffin top pan with cooking spray for easy release.