Cooking biscuits in the air fryer is my new favorite method. You get tall, golden biscuits that are tender and flaky on the inside with a salty, buttery edge!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, cold and cubed + 2 tablespoons
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, cold
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter, mix in the butter until combined and butter is about the size of small peas. Stir in the buttermilk until a thick dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a clean counter and knead 6 to 7 times until the flour is all incorporated. Don’t overwork the dough. You want to see butter pieces throughout, this makes the biscuits flaky.
- Form the dough into a circle that is 1 1/2- inch es in thickness, and cut the biscuits using a 2 1/2- inch biscuit cutter.
- Coat the basket of your air fryer with nonstick spray. Place biscuits 2- inches apart on the basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer you will be able to fit 4 – 6 biscuits in the basket. Cook at 400°F for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Brush the melted butter on the hot biscuits.
I think biscuits are best if enjoyed the same day they are made, but you can store airtight for up to 2 days.
Keywords: cookies and cups, biscuits, air fryer, buttermilk biscuits