These easy cookies are a spin on classic Almond Roca candy! Buttery shortbread topped with milk chocolate and chopped almonds!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 8 (1.55- ounce) Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- Preheat to 350°F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, granulated, and brown sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla and mix for 30 more seconds until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, 1 cup at a time, until combined. Dough will form a stiff ball.
- Press the dough evenly onto un-greased cookie sheet to 1/4- inch thick .
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are golden and center is almost set.
- As soon as you remove the pan from the the oven, sprinkle the broken Hershey pieces evenly on top and the heat of the cookie will melt them.
- Using an off-set or rubber spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly on top.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts or toffee onto the melted chocolate. Allow to cool and the chocolate to set. You can also place it in the refrigerator to speed the process up.
- When completely cooled, cut into triangle pieces.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freeze for up to 30 days.
This is an updated post of a recipe I published in 2010.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 8.3 g
- Sodium: 53.3 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 17.5 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, cookies recipe, almond roca, almond roca cookies, how to make almond roca cookies, what is almond roca