This 4-ingredient Almond Roca recipe is made with chocolate, roasted almonds and a buttery homemade toffee! It’s perfect for snacking and holiday gifting.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup (roasted and salted) finely chopped almonds, divided
- 6 ounces milk chocolate (chips or Hershey’s bars)
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the sugar and butter together on medium heat. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil. Continue boiling and stirring until it reaches 290°F on a candy thermometer, about 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in 1/2-cup of the almonds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. If you notice there is too much butter pooling, use a paper towel to blot it up.
- Sprinkle the chocolate evenly on top and allow it to sit for 1 minute to melt. Using an off-set spatula, spread the chocolate evenly on top of the candy.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds onto the melted chocolate.
- Cool completely and then break into pieces. Alternatively, you can place it in the refrigerator to chill more quickly.
You can use any nuts in place of almonds if you prefer. Cashews work great!
Shortcut: You can use slivered or sliced almonds instead of chopping them yourself.
Keywords:: almond roca, almond roca recipe, english toffee, english toffee recipe, homemade toffee, toffee recipe, how to make toffee, toffee