This Apple Fritter Bread recipe is like the classic donut in cake form!
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5- inch loaf pan with baking spray. Line the bottom and up the short sides with parchment paper. Spray again. Set aside.
- Prepare cinnamon sugar mixture by combining brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and mixing well. Set aside.
- Prepare apple mixture by combining apples with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter and 2/3 cup granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time and vanilla and mix until blended, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour and baking powder until incorporated. Add in the milk and mix until just combined. Don’t over-mix.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Distribute half of the apple mixture on top of the batter. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the apples. Using the end of a dull knife, gently swirl the brown sugar mixture and the apples into the batter. Pour remaining batter into the pan, followed by the remaining apple mixture and remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Again, gently swirl the sugar and apple mixture into the batter. If needed press the apples into the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the loaf. Remove the bread from the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and milk until well combined. Drizzle over bread.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe from My Little Pony Baking Book
Keywords:: cookies and cups, apple bread, apple recipe, apple cake, apple fritter