Loaded with flavor, done in 30 minutes, and made in a skillet! This chicken recipe will soon be a family favorite!
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 6 breasts)
- 1 large Granny Smith Apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 toothpicks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Optional – parsley to garnish
- With a paring knife, cut pockets into the chicken breasts, careful not to cut all the way through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the apples, cheese, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Stuff each chicken breast with an equal portion of the apple mixture, securing with 1 or 2 toothpicks.
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and sprinkle the flour evenly on all sides of the chicken. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the wine, broth, and mustard. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken in the skillet and brown, 2 – 3 minutes on each side.
- Add in the wine mixture, and turn the heat down to medium-low. Cover and cook for 7-9 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the lid and cook for 2-3 more minutes to thicken up the sauce.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Chicken breasts can be prepped up to a day in advance before cooking.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, chicken recipe, skillet recipe, chicken breast, stuffed chicken, apples, cheddar cheese