These Autumn Spice Oatmeal Cookies are healthy cookies packed with oats, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, dried cranberries and pumpkin spice! It’s fall in every bite!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsulphured or dark molasses (optional)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about one minute. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, molasses (if using), and vanilla extract, and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on lo speed until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, beat in the oats. Once combined, fold in chocolate chips, coconut, cranberries, and pepitas. The dough will be thick and sticky. Cover and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes (and up to 4 days). If chilling for longer than 3 hours, allow it to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking because the dough will be quite hard.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Scoop balls of dough, about 2 tablespoons (No. 30 scoop) of dough per cookie, and place 2 inches (5cm) apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 13 to 14 minutes, or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look a little soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. While the cookies are still warm, I like to press a few chocolate chips into the tops- this is only for looks!
- Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Keywords:: oatmeal cookies recipe, healthy oatmeal cookies recipe, healthy oatmeal cookies, pumpkin oatmeal cookies, healthy pumpkin cookies, best oatmeal cookies, easy oatmeal cookies