This Avocado “salsa” can be used on just about anything! From dipping chips, to topping grilled chicken, to using on a hamburger or sandwich, it adds great flavor!
- 1 large avocado, seeded
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- 1 (4.5- ounce) can chopped green chilis
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pepitas
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- juice of 1 large lime (2- tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add more water by the tablespoon if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
I like to give this at least an hour of chill time before serving, so the flavors have time to combine.
I noted you can add a little more water if you prefer a thinner consistency. You can also add more lime juice instead, which will also thin it out, but give it a more tart flavor, which is a nice option too!
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 298.6 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.9 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 1.1 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, avocado salsa, salsa recipe, dips, sauce