These Bakery Style Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies are perfectly crispy at the edge and soft in the center, with little bits of sea salt to balance out the creamy chocolate!
- 14 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped chocolate chunks, plus 1/2 cup more for garnish
- 1 cup toffee bits
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the butter and sugar together for 3 minutes on medium speed, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and continue mixing for 1 more minute on medium speed until pale in color.
- Add in the baking soda and salt and mix for 30 more seconds on medium speed.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until evenly incorporated.
- Finally stir in the chocolate chunks and toffee bits.
- Chill the dough for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a large (3 tablespoons sized cookie scoop) place the dough on the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Top each dough ball with a few more chocolate chunk pieces.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden and the tops are just set.
- While you are baking the cookies, in batches place the remaining dough back in the refrigerator. You want to bake the dough chilled.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords:: chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookie recipe, best chocolate chip cookies, homemade chocolate chip cookies, how to make chocolate chip cookies