This pulled chicken has the flavors of a “Beergarita” drink! Margarita + Beer creates this tender, flavor packed pulled chicken recipe that is great on tacos, over rice, in quesadillas and beyond!
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (4- ounce) cans chopped green chilis
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup light beer (or non alcoholic beer or chicken broth)
- 1 cup non alcoholic margarita mix
- Place the chicken in the bottom of your 6- quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper onto the chicken.
- Add in the lime zest, lime juice, beer, and margarita mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-7 hours until the chicken is tender.
- Shred the chicken in the juices.
- Serve on tacos, over rice, or in quesadillas to name a few options!
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze airtight for up to 30 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, slow cooker, crock pot, pulled chicken, beergarita