The best chicken marinade ever!
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2–3 pounds trimmed chicken breasts
- In a bowl whisk together all the ingredients.
- Add chicken to a large zip-top bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Press out the extra air in the zip-top bag and seal. Squeeze the chicken in the bag, to make sure all chicken is covered in marinade.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to grill chicken, remove the chicken from the refrigerator 15 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Place chicken on the grill, discarding extra marinade. Lower grill temperature to medium and cook on each side 5-6 minutes, depending on the thickness, or until internal temperature is 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
If you would like to bake the chicken: Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken in a large baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, or until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
NOTE – you can add add different spices into the mix to suit your own taste or dinner idea!
- Serving Size: 1 piece chicken
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 1749.2 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 116.5 mg
Keywords: chicken recipe, chicken marinade, cookies and cups, easy marinade