- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Spray a 9″ round baking pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom of the pan with a parchment paper round. Spray again and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and stir until smooth. Set this aside while you make your dough.
- In a large bowl combine the cold butter and the self rising flour with a pastry cutter or fork until it resembles coarse sand. Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in your buttermilk. Stir this until the dough just comes together.
- Place the dough onto a heavily dusted work surface. Knead the dough about 10 times until it is less sticky. Flour a nonstick silicone liner, parchment paper or wax paper. Place the dough onto this surface and roll it out into a rectangle shape that is approximately 1/3 inch thick. (about 12″x15″). This doesn’t have to be exact.
- The filling mixture will have thickened up at this point making it easy to spread. Spread it all over your dough leaving a small border at the edge. Roll the dough up starting at the long side.
- Once it’s rolled up slice it into 12 -14 1″ slices.
- Place the slices into the prepared pan and bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
- When the rolls are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes before glazing.
- Whisk together all the ingredients and pour onto warm rolls.
- Serve warm or room temperature
best if served the same day