Blueberries and Cream Muffins are a delicious and easy muffin recipe! Soft blueberry muffins topped with a crunchy crumb topping, and filled with a sweet cream cheese filling!
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen and thawed)
- Crumb Topping: In a large bowl combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter. Add in the flour and stir to combine. Mixture should form large crumbs. You can use your hands to mix this as well. Set aside.
- Cream Cheese Filling: In a medium bowl stir together the cream cheese and granulated sugar until combined. Set aside.
- Muffins: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with liners or coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth. Add in the salt and baking soda and mix until incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low and in alternating portions add in the flour and sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour until incorporated but not over-mixed. Stir in the blueberries.
- Assembly: Fill each liner with 2- tablespoons of muffin batter. Top with 2 teaspoons of cream cheese filling. Top with another 2 tablespoons muffin batter. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until lightly golden and set.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: cookies and cups, breakfast, muffins, blueberry muffins, blueberries and cream