This Blueberry Banana Bread is soft and moist. Blueberries and bananas are the perfect match!
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom and up the short sides with a strip of parchment paper. Coat again with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas with a fork, leaving them slightly lumpy and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the butter and sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add the sour cream, mashed bananas, baking soda, and salt, and stir until blended. Next mix in the flour until incorporated.
- Place blueberries in a medium bowl and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour on top. Toss lightly to coat the blueberries.
- Stir the blueberries into the batter and pour the batter into the prepared pan. Press a few additional blueberries into the top of the banana bread if desired to garnish. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then using the parchment paper as handles, carefully lift the banana bread out of the pan to cool on a wire rack.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, banana bread, blueberry bread, banana recipe, blueberries, blueberry recipe